Administrative Assistant – Part Time
Nature of Employment: This is a part-time 0.8 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) fixed term appointment for up to 24 months (subject to successful completion of a six-month probationary period)
Salary: In the region of at €26,519 – €30,497 (gross salary) per annum, that is, 80% of a full time equivalent at Point 1-4 Executive Officer Standard Scale 66240, with annual increments on that scale on satisfactory performance in post.
Current Location: Merchants House, Merchants Quay, D08 K3KD, Ireland.
Closing Date for Applications: Applications to be received no later than 12.00 noon on Tuesday 20 December 2022
Expected employment start date: Preferably no later than Tuesday 25 January 2023
The post holder will be expected to conduct their duties to assist in the progression and delivery of the overall objectives of the Discovery Programme, within time and budgetary constraints. From time to time the post-holder may be required to work additional hours as may be reasonable and necessary for the proper performance of their duties, subject to the limits set down in statute and the flexible working arrangements of the Discovery Programme Staff Handbook.
The key activities for this post include:
- Provide administrative, organisational and compliance support to the CEO.
- Prepare and circulate documentation for Board of Director and related committee meetings.
- Attend, minute, and distribute materials for scheduled meetings.
- Support the CEO in the preparation of statutory reports.
- Provide administrative assistance and support across key administrative functions of the Discovery Programme.
- Administration of an up-to-date and effective filing system including the maintenance of HR files.
- Processing of monthly payroll and returns to Revenue.
- Process payments (e.g. supplier invoices, expenses, credit card returns) and undertake other finance related duties as directed by the CEO.
- Assist with the planning and organisation of events and seminars.
- Provide administrative support as necessary for Discovery Programme projects.
- General office duties to ensure the smooth running of the Discovery Programme office to include liaising with suppliers and maintaining office facilities.
- Other duties appropriate to the role as may be assigned from time to time by the CEO or Board. The Discovery Programme operates a Performance Management Development System that outlines key objectives and personal development for staff, and as a means of recording performance across the annual reporting cycle.
The Discovery Programme is seeking an individual who is highly motivated, focused upon results while at the same time respecting and following instruction and processes that relate to their work.
- Excellent practical skills in the delivery of administrative activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability in the context of working in a team environment.
How to Apply
Applications must be made by submitting an email, with the reference ‘COM_2022_011 Administrative Assistant’ entered into the subject field of the email, to email@example.com
Attached to that email, applicants must include Application Form COM_2022_011, along with:
- A short cover letter / personal statement, no more than 500 words 12pt single spaced text, outlining why you wish to be considered for this post and why you believe your skills, experience and values meet the requirements of the position.
- A comprehensive CV detailed as relevant to the position but to be no more than three pages in length. The first page of the CV should include a summary biography. NB: Please ensure that your CV does not include any personal information that is not relevant to the post being applied for.
- Completion of the information fields set out on the application form.