Job Vacancy – Archivist (Part-Time) – Readvertised
The Discovery Programme: Centre for Archaeology Innovation Ireland is seeking to fill the post of Archivist.
Nature of Employment: This is a part-time (0.6 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE)) fixed-term appointment for 36 months (subject to successful completion of a six-month probationary period and satisfactory performance in the post).
Salary: In the region of €21,679.20 – €25,453.20 per annum (that is, 0.6 of the FTE salary at Point 3 – Point 5 Archivist Scale 65180,
with annual increments, pro rata, on that scale on satisfactory performance in post)
Current Location: Merchants House, Merchants Quay, D08 K3KD, Ireland.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer or their nominee
Completed Applications to be received by: No later than 12 noon Friday 07 October 2022
Expected employment start date: Preferably no later than 14 December 2022
The successful candidate will have a lead role in developing and supporting the maintenance of the Discovery Programme’s records, and thus provide meeting-point between the Discovery Programme and the wider public, key sectoral stakeholders, researchers and general interest groups.
At the present time the Discovery Programme is involved in several major archaeological research projects which include the study of the impacts of climate change on our coastal heritage, and the use of new technologies for archaeological survey and discovery. As part of its ongoing work to share the results of its research, the Discovery Programme is seeking to progress a series of publications and research materials arising from its past projects, which will include publication in hard copy and digital formats.
The initial focus of activity for the company Archivist will be around two key work areas:
- The review and updating of archive and records management within the Discovery Programme, principally to facilitate the increased use of digital records for line-of-business activities, and
- The preparation of records for deposition in statutory archives and other appropriate repositories, including the Digital Repository of Ireland.
Following this initial phase of work, the company Archivist will be required to assist their colleagues in the bedding-in of any new records management arrangements, and to manage a workflow of archive depositions on behalf of the organisation. The company Archivist will be expected to initiate new connections with institutions, practitioners and researchers, and build upon existing networks to increase the profile of the Discovery Programme and to continue meaningful development of the organisation’s archives and access to those archives.
How to Apply
Applications must be made by submitting an email, with the title of the position entered into the subject field of the email, to email@example.com by 12 noon Friday 07 October 2022. Attached to that email, applicants must include Application Form COM_2022_005, along
- A short cover letter / personal statement, no more than 500 words 12pt single spaced text, outlining why you wish to be considered for this post and why you believe your skills, experience and values meet the requirements of the position.
- A comprehensive CV detailed as relevant to the position but to be no more than three pages in length. The first page of the CV should include a summary biography. NB: Please ensure that your CV does not include any personal information that is not relevant to the post being applied for.
- Completion of the information fields set out on the application form