Job Vacancy – Collections Manager (Part-Time) (CLOSED)
The Discovery Programme: Centre for Archaeology Innovation Ireland is seeking to fill the post of Collections Manager Officer (Part-Time).
The successful candidate will have a lead role in the management of the Discovery Programme’s collections of archaeological objects including ecofacts such as animal bone, soil samples and similar material. These collections arise from past and ongoing research, survey and excavations. The primary focus of activities for the Collections Manager will be processing assemblages from past excavation and field projects involving finds retrieval. These collections are yet to be deposited in the National Collections or other locations as appropriate. They include:
- The Medieval Rural Settlement Project
- The Lake Settlement Project
- Other smaller-scale projects
Nature of Employment: This is a part-time (0.6 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE)) fixed term and fixed purpose appointment for up to 36 months (subject to successful completion of a six-month probationary period).
Salary: In the region of €21,679.20 – €25,453.20 per annum (that is, 0.6 of an FTE salary at Point 3 – Point 5 Archaeologist Scale 65175(3), with annual increments, pro rata, on that scale on satisfactory performance in post)
Current Location: Merchants House, 27 – 30 Merchants Quay, D08 K3KD, Ireland.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer or their nominee
Completed Applications to be received by: No later than 12 noon on Friday 09 September 2022
Expected employment start date: Preferably no later than 16 November 2022
How to Apply
Applications must be made by submitting an email, with the title of the position entered into the subject field of the email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attached to that email, applicants must include:
- This application form with all the information fields set out on it completed.
- A short cover letter / personal statement, no more than 500 words 12pt single spaced text, outlining why you wish to be considered for this post and why you believe your skills, experience, and values meet the requirements of the position.
- A comprehensive CV, detailed as relevant to the position but to be no more than three pages in length. The first page of the CV should include a summary biography.
Applications must be received prior to the closing date and time stated, that is 12 GMT noon on 09/09/2022