Job Vacancy – Digital Documentation: Geomatics and Survey Support Officer (CLOSED)
The Discovery Programme: Centre for Archaeology Innovation Ireland is seeking applications to fill the post of Digital Documentation: Geomatics and Survey Support Officer.
Over the past 30 years the Discovery Programme has developed and applied many innovative and cutting-edge survey approaches within cultural heritage and archaeological research. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a team using state-of-the-art methods on some of the best-known and best-preserved historical monuments, archaeological sites and artefacts across Ireland. Working under the supervision of the Senior Geo-surveyor, the Digital Documentation: Geomatics and Survey Support Officer will have a key role in supporting the survey activities of the Discovery Programme and sharing the results of our survey work with the wider public, including key sectoral stakeholders and general interest groups.
- Nature of Employment: This post will be fixed term of up to 36 months (three years) in duration, depending on funding (subject to successful completion of a six-month probationary period).
- Salary: In the region of €33,149.00 – €42,422.00 per annum (pro rata) (Point 1-5 Archaeologist Scale 65175(3)), starting point depending on role and experience.
- Current Location: Merchants House, Merchants Quay, D08 K3KD, Ireland.
- Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer or their nominee
Completed Applications to be received by: No later than 12 noon on Friday 09 September 2022.
Expected employment start date: No later than 16 November 2022.
How to Apply
Applications must be made by submitting an email, with the title of the position entered into the subject field of the email, to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Friday 09 September 2022. Applications received at this time will not be accepted.
Attached to that email, applicants must include
- Application Form COM_2022_006 with all the information fields set out on it completed
- A short cover letter / personal statement, no more than 500 words 12pt single-spaced text, outlining why you wish to be considered for this post and why you believe your skills, experience, and values meet the requirements of the position.
- A comprehensive CV detailed as relevant to the position but to be no more than three pages in length. The first page of the CV should include a summary biography (NB: Please ensure that your CV does not include any personal information that is not relevant to the post being applied for).