Job Vacancy: Project Archaeologist – Derragh Post-Excavation and Reporting (CLOSED)
The Discovery Programme: Centre for Archaeology Innovation Ireland is seeking to fill the post of Project Archaeologist to progress post-excavations works arising from the Lake Settlement Project excavations at Derragh, County Longford, undertaken by Dr Christina Fredengren and Birgitte Larsson.
The excavated material from Derragh, its wetland environment and the significant preservation or organic remains presented a major opportunity for important discoveries about the Irish Mesolithic, and this material may be considered in local, national and international contexts. We are seeking an experienced archaeologist who has sound academic and practical knowledge about archaeology in Ireland, environmental archaeology, and the archaeology of the Mesolithic period in Europe. The successful candidate will be an employee of the Discovery Programme, with academic support and oversight of the project provided by Professor Graeme Warren, University College Dublin.
- Nature of Employment: This is a fixed-term, fixed-purpose appointment for 12 months (subject to successful completion of a six months probationary period and satisfactory performance in post), with potential for extension.
- Salary: In the region of €39,272.00-€45,573.00 per annum (pro rata) (Point 4 – Point 6 Archaeologist Scale 65175(3))
- Current Location: Merchants House, Merchants Quay, D08 K3KD, Ireland.
- Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer or their nominee
Completed Applications to be received by: No later than 12 noon on Friday 17 June 2022
Expected employment start date: Preferably no later than September 2022
How to Apply
Applications must be made by submitting an email, with the title of the position in the subject field of the email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attached to that email, applicants must include:
- This application form with all the information fields set out on it completed.
- A short cover letter / personal statement, no more than 500 words 12pt single spaced text, outlining why you wish to be considered for this post and why you believe your skills, experience and values meet the requirements of the position.
- A comprehensive CV, detailed as relevant to the position but to be no more than three pages in length. The first page of the CV should include a summary biography.
- Applications must be received prior to the closing date and time stated, that is 12 GMT noon on 17 June 2022